Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe
EZ 34; 11-12, 15-17, 1COR 15:20-26, 28, MT 25:31-46
Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty
or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’
He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones,
you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Saint Mother Teresa
- Gave witness to the beauty of Jesus whose face is Mercy
- Mercy is more of a verb than a noun
- Pope Francis likes the word mercy-ing
A Story about Mother Teresa Told by One of her Sisters
- A man was brought to a home for AIDS patients in New York
- He was dangerous-criminal-police were frightened by him
- He loved Mother Teresa very much and was converted from his ways
- He was in love with Jesus offered his pain up
Mother Teresa’s Five Fingered Gospel
- Do we see Jesus in the marginalized
- St. Francis of Assisi embraced the leper
- You did it to me! You did it to me!
Let Us Not Fool Ourselves! There will be a Judgement!
- We will be judged on how we used the gracious gift of his saving love for you and me
- Judgement will hinge upon the largeness of our hearts
- How wide did we open our hearts to Jesus?
- Our love for Jesus overflows in words and actions to others
Who are People in Most need of Jesus’ Love? They are Jesus in Our Midst!
- Struggling families waiting in line for food, families stuck at the border, death row inmates, those without food, water, clothing
This is the Gospel of Jesus, My Friends! Jesus is in our Midst!
- How will I be judged? Is my heart like a field hospital? Is my heart cold?
- Do I care or am I indifferent?
- Let us let Jesus and his Gospel shape our hearts
Questions for Reflection
- What impacted you from today’s Readings and/or homily?
- Has God given you a heart and generosity for a marginalized group?
- How do you see Jesus in them?
- As we enter the Advent Season, pray that your heart and mind can be open to all God’s people. Pray for a new lens in which to see Jesus in them. Ask God to count us among the sheep.