Forth Sunday of Advent, December 22, 2019.
IS 7:10-14 | ROM 1:1-7 | MT 1:18-24
- Who is my protector(s)? Who do I protect?
- Was there a time when I did not have a protector? Describe.
- How does having a protector affect my life?
- How does being a protector affect my life?
- How was Joseph a model for Jesus?
- Where do I see others who do not have a protector?
- What are some ways that I could become a protector in my circumstances?
- What are the blessings and the challenges of being a protector?
- How have I been entrusted to be like Joseph?
Simply ways to keep the message alive during the week:
- Create a list of your protectors in your life. Offer a prayer of gratitude for them or express your gratitude to them.
- Think of modern day men and women in your life who offer protection in unique ways. Consider their activities.
- Make a note to yourself this week and put it in a visible place asking God to give you insight into someone who might need your protection today.
- When given insight, reread Joesph Protects and Becoming a Protector and consider two concrete ways to offer protection to someone new.
- Kingdom of God: A way of living together in peace, joy and forgiveness
- Entrusted: To be given responsibility for custody of i.e. we have been entrusted to bring Jesus to our world in our generation
- Joseph Protects: Silently, humbly, discreetly, with unfailing presence, with utter fidelity, open to God’s presence and God’s will, aware of his surroundings and circumstances.
- Becoming a Protector: Building sincere relationships in which we protect one another in trust, respect and goodness.
- Scripture Focus: When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took his wife into his home. MT 11:24
- Attitude/Heart Change: To open my eyes to all those who God is asking me to protect in my surroundings and beyond
- Action/Life Change: To acknowledge someone (new) in my circumstances who might need protecting and become the heart, hands or voice for them
There is room in our Inn for you at Christmas:
December 24th at 4 pm, 6:30 pm & 10 pm
December 25th at 8:30 am